Founded on: October 2010
CEO: Kevin Systrom
Headquarters: Menlo Park, CA
- 68% of Instagram users are Females.
- 80% of Instagram users come from outside of the U.S.
- 77.6 million Instagram users are from US.
- Instagram is used by 31% of American women and 24% of men.
- 32% of all Internet users are on Instagram.
- 59% of internet users between the ages of 18 and 29 use Instagram and 33% of internet users between the ages of 30 and 49 use Instagram
- 38% of female internet users use Instagram and 26% of male internet users use Instagram
- 17% of teens say Instagram is the most important social media site (up from 12% in 2012)
- Instagram was bought by Facebook in 2012 for $1 billion.
- According to Facebook “we acquired Instagram, but we are still focused on user growth and the users’ experience and do not yet derive any direct revenue from Instagram.”
- Having said that, they did start sponsored ads for big brands like Nike, General Electric, and Walt Disney and they certainly make a portion of their ad revenue from Instagram.
- Instagram is expected to generate about $1.5 billion in mobile advertising sales this year and $5 billion in 2018.
- Instagram is used by 48.8%of brands—a number that is expected to rise to 70.7% by 2017.
- More than 40 Billion photos have been uploaded to Instagram so far.
- 200 million Instagrammers actively visit the profile of a business every day
- Posts with at least one hashtag average 12.6% more engagement.
- Brazil ranked second in female user share, the country is home to the largest total Instagram user base in Latin America and second worldwide.
- When Instagram introduced videos, 5 million videos were uploaded in the first 24 hours.
- Instagram videos get 2 times the engagement of photos that any other social media platform.
- The most popular hashtags on Instagram are #Love, #Instagood, #Me, #Cute, and #Follow.
- Pizza is the most Instagrammed food globally, followed by Sushi.
- Instagram influencers are charging up to $100,000 for a sponsored post.
References: mnicoreAgency.com , 9 June 2018
As a marketer, like you and me, you should know there is no “golden method” which can apply in every industries and promotion channels.
If you would like to force on lead-gen, on Instagram, I will suggest you select “Get more customer contact”. The only benefit that you must concern is, gain more sales lead, start from increasing contact list. And that is a countable and tangible return of your Instagram advisement fund.
The best formula is ->Get more customer contact + IG story + product /service that girls would like to hear by sponsoring your promo video.